Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's been a while...

It has been quite a while since I've posted anything to do with this project or anything really. I wanted this to be a blog mainly for my project and photographs about the military wives, girlfriends and fiances but as I'm getting closer to my own boyfriend leaving ( 20 days ) it's harder to near the subject. I think it may be good to take little break from the subject and experience it from the opposite side.

I think it's hard for some of these men to realize what a change this really is going to be. My boyfriend has yet to realize how different it will be for me.  I'm not saying I am the important one, he, after all is the one going to boot camp and beginning his journey. But it's hard to imagine your daily life without someone when they are there 24/7! I've been reading and reading and researching on everything I can about the Marines and hearing so many personal stories. My favorite, and most recent, is that my friend Amanda now gets to plan a wedding! This is super exciting and I am so happy for Andrew and Amanda! Andrew chose the Marine Corps and now Amanda and I are in this journey together.

I wish nothing but the best for these two. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment